Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ramadan reminisce


at the beginning of ramadan i set out to lose somewhere around 5 kilograms. I had no idea how i was gonna do it, especially that i did not renew my gym subscription, and the fact that i knew i was gonna be eating so much since it was ramadan. I had a little poll asking people what they thought the chance's were of me or in general about people losing weight in ramadan. There was a clear divide in the answers. The optional answers to the poll were, "yes" you can lose weight, "no" you cant, and third was "dont worry and just enjoy the food". Most votes fell on either the "yes" or the "dont worry", which would say that most kuwaities are confident in achieving whatever they set out to do or that they simply loved life (and food) too much to worry such things.
Now before i tell you if i lost or gained some weight let me tell you about my daily ramadan habits. At first my habits were normal, i had su7ooor, prayed at around 4AM, slept, woke up around 9, went to work, came back around 3, watched a few shows, had fu6oor, spent time with my family, went out or to dowaniya, then came back. Like i said, a pretty normal routine. Then tiredness began to set in. I was begining to feel the full effects of ramadan. I dont remember feeling this tired ever in my life. My routine slowly began to change day in day out. By the last week and a half of ramadan it looked like this: had su7oor, sleep at around 4AM, wake up at 9, go to work, come back at 3, sleep till fu6oor, have a light meal for abut 30 minutes, go back to sleep, wake up at around 12, have su7oor, sleep at 4AM. One day i came back from work at 2:30 feeling very tired, went to sleep, and never woke up until 11 at night. What was going on? I have no idea but el7imdila that routine has ended now, i dont feel so much as a lazy bum all the time as i did the last 2 weeks. Oh and the good news from all of this is i somehow managed to lose 4 kilograms during my ramadan hibernation, which was a bit surprising to me. But to conclude i have to be honest and say am very glad that ramadan is over so i can finally have some normalcy in my daily routine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well lucky you! :( I put on weight because I wanted to be lazy - my Ramadan was sleep sleep sleep this year :D

bored said...

there was something in the air this year, kilman nayim wala shay mu6abee3eee, yala am off to have some more cereal ;p

Anonymous said...

Ya zeen the Non-ramadhan Months huh :P

*drinks her morning coffee*

bored said...

ufffffffff min galb!

Anonymous said...

Well congrats I guess...
Now the question is can you manage to maintain what you lost. Or just simply gain it back?

I do agree that Ramadan makes you lazy. I’m still suffering the after math ;p

Arabian lady said...

congrats losing the weight :D !
Way to go brother =) mashala ;p

eshda3wa said...

wanasa

i set out to lose 5 and i lost only 2

but its still a loss

so good 4 u!

bored said...

blue: hmmm good question, ams kalait maki at 4 then Mcdo at 9, so......;p

arabian lady: thnx sista :D

eshda3wa: thats god, aham shay ena we didnt gain ;)