Monday, February 12, 2007

Lasek not Lazer!




i wore my glasses to gym today. they are very old and dont do much to help my vision cuz i got them so long ago that my eyes have gotten worse. i ran out of contacts and wasnt in the mood to go get new ones. anyways as i was walking upstairs when i saw 2 guys talking and thru my blurred vission thought i recognized one of them so i very happily and with a huge smile on my face went to say hello, only to be shocked in realising that this guy was not my friend, it wasnt someone i didnt know either but even worse, it was someone who knew i didnt like him and i knew he didnt like me! when i realised it it was too late, i was standing a few inches from them with a smile, they noticed me and stopped talking and just stared at me. Fuck! so regretfully i said hello, they said hello back....awkward silence...i turn around with my tail between my legs and walk away!


i gotta get the lasek surgery. i wanted to get it a long time ago but when i found out i had to pay 600kd from my own pocket i looked for alternatives. someone actually suggested that i go and get it from Iran for 100kd. anyways i opted to go to the military hospital and get it done over there. so i go and do all the test and they put my name down for surgery...that was more then 2 years ago! throughout those 2 years i went back to the hospital 5 times to ask when its gonna happen, and all 5 times i get the same reply " el sekertaira eb ejaza o gafla e maktab o makhtha el mifta7 ma3aha, manigdar enchayiklik, come back after 2 weeks". i'll let ur imagination figure out the kinda words i had for "el sekertaira". anyways i went back there a few days ago and guess what?? la ashwa she was there this time, but!..."esalam 3alaikom, ekhty ana makhith maw3id yimkin min sintain o abe a3arif ommita 3amaliyti?"..."asfeen ukhoy el kombutar 9arla shahrain kharban, ta3al raji3na 3ogob esboo3ain"..."okay mashkoora caugh-fuck u-caugh".
p.s. i think u know exactly what i said to her ;p



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have very poor vision. It's blurred and sucks so bad. Been using contacts for 2 years now. I know what you feel. I can even bump into a 6ofa without my glasses or lenses! ;P

Yallah hope you do that surgery soon. I understand how terrible it is to be treated in Kuwait hospitals! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I use lenses and im fine with it,,,
I thought about lasek but it scares me,,,, especially ba3ad ma sheft el soora elly bel post :P

avocat said...

YUMMA !! shal soora ? shda3wa !! mu chetheeeeeee !!!

imshar3eeen esmakha killa YA 7AFETH !

Utmost-y said...

okay so its painful , esh7aga etsaweha? mu lazm ;p

a7eb guys with glasses , eyseron 7elwen n smart ;P

Extinct Dodo said...

whatever happens dont ever do it in iran.. ive heard about way too many bad experiences. i'd rather pay 10,000 kd wala inee a9eer 3amya or something smillah 3alainah :/

Elijah said...

Wow what a coincidence, I'm going to see a doctor today for the lasek.

I know exactly how you feel. I wear contacts and my eyes are killing me, so I sometimes I go out without them but I'm smarter than you, I keep my head down, cuz I know People will think I'm ignoring them.

BTW it's 400 KD at Dar ElShefa Hospital.

Elijah said...

BTW there's lasik and lasek, check out the differences first before you do it. Will ask doc tonite and update ya ;)

Elijah said...

Ok here's the update:
If thickness of your cornea is less than 500 mili something then Epi-lasek is the one the doctor chooses to perform on you. If it's above 500 then normal Lasik. So you don't choose the doc does.

It costs 400 KD
The whole surgery is 20 minutes long.
You get 2 weeks off but you actually don't need that 5 days is enough.

I'm doing it this Monday enshallah.

Wish me luck ;)

Anonymous said...

lmaof.

eshda3wa said...

i wear glasses, i hate them, and contacts really bother my eyes. i thought about lasik, but the idea of someone doin anything to my eyes scares me!!

Anonymous said...

I wear glasses too...and lenses sometimes...but i'm fine with that coz i'm afraid to do the operation and i second extinct dodo...don't do it in Iran coz i heard some ppl have had problems after their surgery...

Missy said...

omg HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! okay i'll stop laughing lay9eer lee the same! :P

Anonymous said...

I did it about a year ago in the military hospital. OMG 7ada ra7aaaaaaa 7ada no glasses no contacts. The whole thing took 15 minutes, no pain wala shay.