Monday, April 13, 2009

the iphone wins...for now



i have been struggling for a while now trying to decide which phone i was going to make mine. i have been using the old iphone for a little more than a year now and have gotten so used to the touch screen and all that other iphone shit that whenever i touched another phone my insides twist with disgust as to how can anyone feel satisfaction with a button keyboard or those very small screens that dont react to your every touch! this is the ultimate reason why i choose to stick with apple. it was either that or the blackberry bold, and the only reason i considered the bold was because of the habba status. i just felt everyone has one and i was being left out. bs i figured the biggest reason kuwaities love it oh so much is cuz of the bbm, and i realized none of my close friends have it so what use is it to me to get it and not bbm anyone? also the first question on the polls blog was which u prefer, iphone, bb or an old school phone and to my surprise the blackberry came in last, iphone second and old school nokias and Ericsson's were by far the most preferred mobile of choice. since i wasnt gonna go back to using a conventional phone i decided that, for now at least, i'd stick with the iphone. 
Also a great thing about it is when i plugged the new phone into my laptop i got a msg prompting me to either restore my old phone settings or not. not knowing exactly what that would do i said yes! and to my delight it restored all, i mean alll of my old phone settings. Contacts, ringtones, all the applications i downloaded, all the settings, past emails, and it even copied all the sms msgs i had on my old phone and put them in the new one. Heck, all the missed calls and internet bookmarks and youtube favourites were copied too. it did make me feel, for a bit at first, that i just wasted 260 KD on the same exact phone, but thats just to show you how easy and convenient it is changing phones without the hassle of setting things or copying sim card and all. over all, it was a good choice and am happy with it, but i cant say i wont get a bb in the future, cuz you really never know.

10 comments:

Elieruby said...

I have been confused myself as to whether i should get an iphone or bb but my loyalty to my old school sony stays strong. However even tho i can browse with it, i still want a new phone which is more suitable for browsing..

Elieruby said...

PS- thats gooood what the iphone can do wallah. Convenient

Cr8ivia said...

about feeling disgusted when touching any other phone after using the iphone for more than a yr ! me too! its common then !

ive been using iphone 3G for more than 5 months now and loving it o cant imagine myself using any other phone
i am thinking of BB just coz everybody has it and i should give it a try but still can't change my iphone

260kd is too much u should have ordered it from outside much cheaper , i got mine 180 kd officially unlocked

eshda3wa said...

as long as u love it

Dee said...

esh7aga share mobile b 260?:O
my frnd got an Iphone oo a bb cause meshtahya both;p

Dee said...

loooooool epolls elydeeda ET'THA7EK!! afasbook? loooooool
im sending the lil grls youtube 7ag eli weyay :p

Mrs. said...

the bb rocks no matter what u say or what ur poll suggests. the BB ROCKSSSSSSSSSS

bored said...

elieruby
if u want a fone to browse the internet then there is nothing better than the iphone, simple as that, bs the bb offers other stuff u might like.

cr8ivia
ee i think its a feeling all of us iphoners have in common, and abt the 260-180, my friend told me the same thing, a day after a bought it he ordered one online for 180, so yeah mit7asif ena esta3yalt ;p

eshd3wa
i do, bs maybe i could love the bb more? guess i'll wait n see ;p

dee
ee lol o 3indi wa7da 7ag el bb, basameeha tibimbim ;p

mrs.
lol as long as u say it does then i guess it is ;p

DaLaL said...

shof i used both..iphone ROCKS bs moshikla ina mafi contract nafs BB o e ga3adt adawir i mean ADAWIR phone nafsa ma ligait as simple as THAT!! shrait 3 kinds o hm ma nifa3

bs now im a crackberry wallah im addicted to my BBB its the BEST 7ada simple o easy o qwerty keboard 3ajeeba ;)

DaLaL said...

o ee forgot to say nice blog shakli baseer regular commenter ;p