Saturday, January 5, 2008

Lasik Eye Surgery



First let me just point out that am so glad to have finally gotten this surgery over and done with, and only a few days later am already seeing better then ever before with glasses. Naturally before the surgery i went around and asked a bunch of people i know who've done it before about how they felt about the surgery. Everyone responded well and pointed out how easy it was, like it was easier then going to the dentist.



Yeah Right! I'd rather go to the dentist any day of the week and twice on saturday then to have to go through another Lasik surgery again! Dont get me wrong, it was not painful at all, and am so happy with the results. Only the horror of having to sit there and having your eye lids pried open, watching them cut my cornea, seeing the little metal thingie remove a piece of it, smelling the laser burning the inside of my eye ball is just too much to take! I have never felt so tense in my life. Btw i have extremely sensitive eyes so this might not apply to everyone. Still just imagine, you are seeing every thing that the doctor is doing to your eye! Do you think that this was the hardest part? Not even close. The worst part of having done this procedure is not being able to go out, watch television, or even use the computer for a couple of days! You just stay home and stare at the wall in the dark. Well, i only lasted 2 and half days of what felt like solitary confinement. So, if you're thinking of getting this surgery then go ahead, get it. Its not painful, and it's definitely worth it. But truth be told, it's not as easy as anyone might say.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

7amdellah 3alsalama :/
well atleast ur happier now no ? ;P

bored said...

alah esalmich, eee i am, its worth it just waking up in the morning without having to put on my glasses

Mark said...

wow that sounds freaky

Anonymous said...

OUCH ! that picture is freeaakky!
yeeesh salaamaat and congrats.. may you not witness another ;p

Anonymous said...

OH MY GODNESS !

I was thinking of getting it done next month ! BUT thanks to you .. I am freaked out now !!!! :) yommmaaaaa ..

were did u get did it done at ? and how much did it cost u ? is it the same of ultra leazer procedure ? can u kindly e-mail me the details ? thanks

bored said...

mark: it was, very intense!

blue dress: alah esalmich thnx ;p

cat: i had it done at el3askiry hospital, its actually funny, the guy comes up to me before the surgery and hands me something and says "this is the blade thats gonna cut your eye, 60 dinars please!"
and i didnt mean to put u off this surgery, it's not painfull at all and most definitly worth it.

Anonymous said...

la t5are3nii bsaweeeha :'''( ma y9eer ybanjoony?? ;/

bored said...

i wish ;p

dont worry it doesnt hurt and its worth it ;)

Anonymous said...

I love my spectacles(hope you can see it in the picture!) and have no plans of dumping it :D

bored said...

joel: yeah i can see in the picture, and urs are the kinda of glasses that become a part of a persons persona, mine werent so much ;p i think its just worth getting up in the morning and not having to look for ur glasses just to tell what time it was.

Bruno Hill said...

I laughed at your comparison on having an eye surgery with going to the dentist. But at least, you can easily see the effect of having your vision back (no pun intended, haha). About the operation, there's a first time for everything, and you'll get used to it when you do it again!

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made
good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.


Also visit my web page: size genetics