Tuesday, March 3, 2009

bored kuwaiti goes to sabhan

i wasnt very much pleased when i found out 2 days ago that the company i had to work at for the next 2 weeks would be in sabhan. i've always had bad luck with the places i get, like meena 3bdla or amghara or in the middle of the desert (literally) somewhere off the 7th ring road, so when i heard that i  was going to sabhan i felt a little depressed. (for some reason i thought sabhan was very far away)

so today was the first day going to this certain company and i tell you i was very surprised at how close the place was, i mean it might not be that close but the road going there is against the morning traffic so it doesnt feel so far away. but the real surprise came when i actually got there. picture this, a huge huge block of a warehouse with almost no windows on 3 sides and covered with metal." damn" i thought to myself as i was trying to find a parking space, "this place is gonna suck". so after i parked my car and got out and walked towards the door i entered and suddenly found myself inside a modern new york  style interior design magazine. this place was, if am not too exaggerating here, the best looking interior of an office building i have ever seen in kuwait, and i have seen a plenty. i couldnt even imagine that kuwaiti companies cared enough to spend so much effort and money on the interior design. i imagined the owner must have an interior designer for a daughter who nagged him on doing this office building the way she wanted.  i was so pleased that i even asked for a tour of the building (of which i was ever so abruptly denied) no matters. but i have to admit, the way this place looked cheered me up, i even thought to myself,  this is the kinda place i could see myself working in. so after all that try to imagine my surprise, again, at seeing the room where we are going to spend the next 2 weeks in. 
GREY! bs. thats it. grey. grey walls, grey ceiling, grey door, grey floor, grey door, no windows, grey table and very uncomfortable grey chairs. me and my colleagues have decided to call it the "interrogation room". i swear bs nagi9 ena a couple of officers come in and start torturing us o yakmil el filim.   


now this horror of an image is a pic i found while googleimaging sabhan trying to find a pic that would go well with this post. this painting was done by a syrian artist aptly named "sabhan". so i just thought i would share it with you guys. apparently its art. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

looool, 7araam
shda3wa grey o no windows 3ad!
If i were you i'd decorate the walls with colored stickies oo ayeeb cushions for the chairs, and make the place my own ;p

Anonymous said...

bring some flowers , it will cheer u up ;-p

elieruby said...

loool this post made me laugh, you have this way of telling a story... Anyway that place sounds really cool. I love walking into buildings like that, I'd just stand and stare. I agree with F and Dee, redecorate.

ZeroArk28 said...

lol now that my friend is...

do not judge a book by it's cover :P

Anonymous said...

You're so sexist..why not an Interior Designer for a son? Eh?

I'm trying to remember where Sabhan is...

Random q, did you wind up taking the CFA exam? I can't remember if I asked you or not.

Ansam said...

Wish you can take some pics! I wanna see that place!

1001Nights said...

That's so cool! I love when you see a place on the outside looking drab and you go inside and you get shocked by how slick and modern it is. A gray office for two weeks isn't so bad. But if you want you and your buddies can do some "graffiti art" (vandalizing) on the walls to make it look a little more oo-la-la :D

Kharbota said...

shaklik ray7 mokan mashbooh :P

bored said...

f
eshd3wa am only there for 2 weeks, less by now ;p

dee
la lana then i would have to water them o mali khilg ;p

elieruby
thnx am glad it did ;p and ee thats what i did awal ma dashait

neoark
very true ;p

toomz
lol son daughter kila wa7id ;p
sabhan is where the military hospital is, this company is right across the street mn messila horse riding club
u either no me personally or have been a reader for a long time to remember abt the cpa, no i didnt, i studied the ethics and accounting bits bs couldnt get my head around the stats, so am on a permanent break ;p

ansam
i'll try to sneak a few in ;p

1001
lol 3ashan we get fired ha? no thnx i can handle the interrogation room for 2 weeks ;p

kharbota
enti esmich mashbooh ;p j/k la 3ad its a big company o the products they sell r probably in every home

eshda3wa said...

how us pics of the place !!

Anonymous said...

enshala ;p

Anonymous said...

Bored, like I know where the military hospital is!

"u either no me personally or have been a reader for a long time to remember abt the" cFa

Both ;) I'm the one who always forgets who you are. It seems it's your turn now.

bored said...

ur the one i used to run into everywhere?;p havent seen u in a long time

Anonymous said...

I think I need time to forget what you look like ;) it will happen soon with my memory & all...the question is if you'll reintroduce yourself all over again. lol.